Entire Family Dies After Young Woman Makes A Simple Mistake In The Kitchen

3ba79721b3c79f 26a82a21

September 16, 2016 Mystery

ADVERTISEMENT

An 8-year-old was the only survivor.

#1 All Alone

This is 8-year-old Maria Chelysheva, from Russia. She lost her entire family to a freak home accident.

6788c48fed13116a4f426ba6a7abd1cd.600x

#2 Down To The Cellar

It all happened one day, when, one by one, four members of her family went down to the cellar to get some potatoes, and never came back.

fd275bebe4843332f480bf76a82c6a5b.600x

#3 The Family

The family went to the cellar in the follwoing order: first the father Mikhail Chelyshev, 42, then the mother, Anastasia Chelysheva, 38, followed by the brother, Georgy Chelyshev, 18. The grandmother got scared and alerted a neighbor, but before assistance arrived, she went down too.

046e5e95abf94db2b60854a67bfa1b19.600x

#4 The Cause

Potatoes had been stored in the cellar for quite a long time. Potatoes contain glycoalkaloids, a chemical compound that is also found in some poisonous plants. When stored for long or left in hot conditions, they become toxic and deadly. The older the potatoes, the stronger the toxicity. They all died from the poisonous fumes.
And, even though this sounds like a horror movie, it really happened.

f1bb2fc7633b3c88b700d3039e90b535.600x
ADVERTISEMENT
Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
What do you think?
Close
Please Like us to get daily updates on Facebook