In recent times, renting a car has become an affordable and viable alternative to buying a car. The process of owning a car seems to be a lengthy process be it buying with your own money or through a loan financed by the bank. Renting a car thus becomes an easy and simple process. The car rental business provides consumers the opportunity of living the lifestyle that suits their needs and at an affordable price. Below are the factors that influence consumers to rent a car instead of owning it:
- The cost associated with owning a car would involve insurance, registration, fees and taxes, and above all, regular maintenance. However, the consumer is not liable for any of the above if they rent a car. Also, the consumer has to be financially prepared for additional costs for the smooth functioning of the car since by assuming that nothing would go wrong with their car would be a poor assumption. However, if anything went wrong with the car rental, the rental car agency would take care of it and the consumer is, therefore, not charged with kind of additional costs.
- The process of renting a car has been made simple for the consumers as they would just have a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) who would be making the necessary arrangements for a smooth travel. The end to end process that is from filling the application till acquiring the approval would be handled by the SPOC. Hence, the consumer would not have to deal with different people.
- It is a well known fact that a consumer’s need continues to grow. Therefore, the car that they own today would not hold the same value for them tomorrow. Hence, the question arises whether their car was worth buying. This is where renting a car becomes a feasible option for the consumers. Not only would the rental car agency provides the consumer with the option to choose the car that best fits their lifestyle or occasion but also provide it at an affordable price.
- As it is not feasible to travel out of the country on your car owing to expensive shipping fees, renting a car then becomes a convenient option. Car rental are easily available all over the world and they are already available the moment the consumer arrives at the airport. The consumer is more at ease traveling in a rental car than traveling in a packed, noisy mode of transportation. They enjoy the freedom to go wherever they would like to and also follow their own schedules. Thus, they are able to control their own pace and time.
- The consumer also enjoys the comfort and space of a rented car over other modes of transportation. By opting for car rental, they can have more liberty to listen to their music of choice, keep snacks, books and anything else that they may consider as necessary, converse in private and also enjoy the scenic splendor of outdoors as they travel.