Fat burners are usually called “magic pills for fat loss” as they help you reduce weight drastically. There is a lot of debate with respect to the consumption of fat burners. Most fitness experts suggest that only the consumption of fat burner supplements without proper exercise and diet can lead to health issues in the end.
Here is a breakdown of these popular supplements and how you can use them safely and to your benefit.
Understanding Fat Burner Supplements
The first thing to understand is what exactly are fat burners. They are also called thermogenics supplements. This is because the consumption of fat burners increases your body’s metabolic rate drastically. This leads to burning fats and extra calories to produce energy.
Fat Burner supplements are mostly made up of the following ingredients:
- Green Tea: They are rich in antioxidants and are known for aiding the fat burning process when combined with exercise.
- L-Carnitine Tartrate– This is a type of amino acid that is known to help convert fat into energy.
- Black pepper: Black pepper prevents the formation of new fat cells.
- Green coffee bean extracts: Green coffee bean contains chlorogenic acid, which makes it very essential for fat loss.
- Garcinia cambogia extract: This extract is derived from a type of tropical fruit and is extremely useful in fat loss.
- Thermodiamine: This is an extract from exotic fruits native to China. It is known to increase the internal temperature of the body and hence improve the calorie burning process.
- Caffeine: When you consume caffeine, the flight or fight hormones, nor-epinephrine and epinephrine are released into the blood stream. This signals the body to break down any fatty acids and use them as fuel. Caffeine is also known to suppress your appetite.
Of the several fat burners available in the market, MuscleBlaze fat burners are highly recommended as they contain several natural extracts. This supplement also keeps your appetite in check, allowing you to consume fewer calories through the day. It is enhanced with Garcinia Cambogia extracts which are very useful in fat loss.
How do they work on the body?
The first and most important reaction of the consumption of fat burners is that the hormones nor-epinephrine and epinephrine are released. These hormones stimulate the metabolizing process of fat reserves and make them available in the blood. The body can then use them as energy to fuel your activities.
In addition to that, the general rate of metabolism of your body increases, leading to quicker consumption of the calories that you consume. Another important Fat Burner benefit is that it suppress appetite considerably, allowing you to consume fewer calories overall.
When are they Beneficial?
The fat that is released in to the blood needs to be utilized. If not, it will be stored into the body again. This is why, fat burners alone cannot help you lose weight, as opposed to the popular notion about these supplements.
You need to make sure that you are exercising enough in order to get the most out of them. Remember, that they are only a supplement. You need to make sure that you include a healthy diet and a good workout routine to make these supplements effective.
It is best to take a fat burner first thing in the morning even before you have had your breakfast. If multiple doses are recommended, you can take them before your lunch or dinner as well.
What are the Potential Risks?
There are some risks involved with the consumption of fat burners:
- Some of these products may contain ingredients that are not declared on the label. One such ingredient is sibutramine, which led to strokes and even heart issues with regular consumption. So, when taking a fat burner, make sure that you consult a dietician or a doctor first.
- Possible liver damage is associated with excessive consumption of fat burners. In fact, those who consumed these supplements regularly reported several cases of liver inflammation in the United States.
- Some fat burners may increase metabolism to an extent that it causes overheating. This is especially true when ingredients like 2.4 Dinitrophenol are present in them. In any case, it is impossible to guess how much your metabolism may increase with fat burners as the results vary from one individual to the other.
- Fat burners can lead to anxiety, insomnia, dehydration, and even high blood pressure.
Who should avoid Fat Burner Supplements?
The following individuals should avoid the consumption of fat burners:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Those with high blood pressure
- Individuals who are consuming any medication for depression, anxiety or any other mental condition.
- Individuals with any heart or kidney related disorders.
Things to note when taking fat burners
Before you take any fat burner supplements, keep the following points in mind:
- Never buy fat burners online or over the counter. A doctor or a nutritionist should prescribe them to you after a thorough examination of your body type and requirements.
- Fat burners take about 2-4 weeks to show any results. Make sure that you monitor your progress to understand if the fat burner that you are taking is working or not.
- Only consume the recommended dosage of a particular fat burner. Although they contain ingredients that support the fat burning process, it does not mean that the more you take the more effective it is.
- The rate of weight loss after consuming fat loss should be between 1-3 pounds each week. If you are losing more weight than that, the chances are that you are also losing lean muscle along with fat.
- Reduce the consumption of caffeine when you are on a fat burner supplement. Caffeine is an important component of fat burners.While you may feel energized initially, you will notice that recovery is slower when you have consumed too much caffeine. The result of this is that your performance during your workout is compromised.
Fat Burner Supplements should be taken with some amount of caution. Make sure you take one that suits your body and helps you achieve the results you want.