There are many herbs and spices that can make us healthier. We could safely add enough of them to gain the appropriate benefits:
- Garlic: Garlic is essential for various purposes and it is a powerful multi-tasked. It could protect us against different kinds of cancer and pre-cancerous cells can be eradicated with regular consumption of garlic. It is also a natural antiviral and antibiotic agent. Many antibiotic-resistant bacteria could be effectively eradicated with enough application of garlic. Garlic has been successfully used to prevent and treat acne, yeast infections, flu and colds. It also produces small amount of hydrogen sulphide and it could prevent damages to our heart muscles.
- Ginger: It could help us to calm motion sickness, morning sickness on pregnant women, vomiting and nausea. Its benefits should go well beyond digestive complaints and stomach upsets. Ginger should help us relieve pain and improve circulation. People who undergo chemotherapy sessions could also consume some ginger.
- Mustard seed: We could use powdered mustard seed to stop the proliferation of E. coli bacteria. It is especially useful if we add it to ground meat. Mustard seed is also known for its ability to stop the proliferation of cancer cells. However, we may need to avoid pre-packaged mustard, because it’s already missing allyl isothiocyanata, an essential active compound.
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg can really enhance meat-based products with its unique taste. We could also be alleviated from our sleep and anxiety problems. Nutmeg is also known for its powerful antidepressant capability. It is also quite effective against E. coli infection, while calming digestive complaints, increasing circulation and lowering cholesterol level and blood pressure.
- Oregano: Oregano is more than just about making our pasta sauce more delicious. It offers a powerful antibacterial capability. In fact, the active ingredients in oregano are found to be more powerful than in common prescription drugs. Small critters in our intestines can be eliminated without harming beneficial bacteria. Its antioxidant properties are 42 times higher than apples.
- Parsley: Parsley should be used more than just for food garnishing. It has much more vitamin C than oranges and more iron than spinach. Its volatile oil is known for its ability to inhibit the formation of cancer cells. It contains Vitamin B and folate that can protect our heart. Its Vitamin C content is good to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
- Peppermint: Tea with some peppermint added is obviously soothing and it could improve digestion and alleviate upset stomach. Irritable bowel syndrome could also be treated with some peppermint. It also inhibits allergy, relieve asthma and kill bacteria. Symptoms of fatigue and tension can be eradicated.
- Rosemary: Rosemary is commonly used in Europe and North America. It is found to prevent blood vessel damage, increase circulation, improve digestion, stimulate immune system and eradicate bacteria.
- Sage: Like its name may imply, sage could actually promote our brain functions. It has powerful antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties.