Dark skin can be caused by exposing skin to too much sunlight, stress, medical conditions or prolonged use of chemical products. Today, the market is flooded with harmful skin lightening products like creams and lotions promising results immediately. Most of these products don’t work and are harmful to your skin. You can save your money by using these natural remedies that effectively lighten your skin.
Aloe vera helps alleviate hyper-pigmentation and restores your skins original colour. Hyper-pigmentation is one of the main causes of uneven skin tone. Aloe vera can also help regenerate new cells and rebuild damaged tissue that is important for healthy skin. You can use this simple remedy below to lighten dark spots and improve your overall skin complexion.
- Cut the outer layers of an aloe Vera leaf and squeeze out the thick jelly like substance. Apply this gel thoroughly on your skin and leave it on for 30 minutes. Afterwards wash it off with lukewarm water. For best results, do this twice daily for two weeks.
Yogurt is a milk by product that contains many nutrients that are important for the skin. It contains lactic acid that has bleaching agents to the skin.
- You can rub plain yogurt directly on your skin and leave it for about ten minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. You should do this once daily for not less than three weeks for effective change in your complexion.
Honey helps bleach skin and at the same time acts as a moisturizing agent. It contains antibacterial properties that help fade age spots and dark spots caused by acne.
- Apply pure honey to your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. This acts as a facial scrub that removes dead skin cells leaving skin lighter and looking brighter. Do this daily for best results.
- In addition, you can make a skin lightening mask by mixing one tablespoon of honey and lemon juice each. Add one tablespoon of powdered milk and one tablespoon of almond oil. Mix well and apply it on your face. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. Make this one of your daily beauty practices.
Milk contains calcium which helps to regulate normal skin colour by stimulating melanocytes. These are the skin cells that produce melanin pigment. When you have higher calcium levels in your upper epidermis of your skin helps maintain an effective barrier against moisture loss. This prevents the skin from drying up. It also contains lactic acid that prevents pigmentation.
- Warm milk in a bowl and soak a washcloth in it. Take the washcloth, wring it out and use it to gently rub your face and neck. Do this 3 times each and you are assured of results within three weeks.
The above natural remedies have proven and approved by a well known skin expert and the author of Acne No More program “MIKE WALDEN” to be the best methods to lighten your skin without harming it in any way whatsoever.