Royalty free videos include stock video or stock footage which are short clips. Basically these footages are filmed to represent a generic idea, so they can be used in all types of video productions. There is a list of benefits attached to such videos mainly being that they are available for instant purchase and download.
Royalty free stock video footages generally cover a vast array of topics. They could be anything like a difficult-to-film shot of a natural disasters or a simple cityscapes, space shot or even an artistic nature shots. The genre of these videos are diverse, and since they are short, one can use them in every way possible for maximum benefit.
While the licenses of stock footages can be rights-managed or royalty-free, there are several benefits of using stock footages in video productions.
- The first major advantage of using royalty free stock clips is that they help to lower the overall production costs. No wonder that these are well received amongst amateur as well as professional filmmakers. So one need not go on a location and shoot a scene; they thus save on hiring a camera and production crew and instead just invest in buying and downloading their requisite stock video clips.
Mostly such clips are generic and they are flexible for usage in more than one production. So the fee paid to download them are recovered in no time at all. On the other hand, royalty-free license allows users to access it for an unlimited period by paying a one-time fee.
- Through the usage of stock footage videos, production time is saved. Besides, producers obtain instant gratification for the clips are mostly up for immediate download. Some stock video clips fit perfectly in a video’s flow thus eliminating the need for going to a location and shooting. Thus precious time is saved and redirected towards critical post production processes and editing.
- These stock video footages tell a story for they can be used in-between scenes for bridging gaps and connecting incoherent scenes. Besides, one gets to make use of wide shots, medium close-up shots and even extreme close-ups as per their needs.
- Most stock video makers produce HD videos these days; after all they are created by professional videographers and cameraman who rely on high-definition alone. Some of these clips are also available in 2K and 4K resolutions which ensures that they are shot in the best and highest quality alone. So any type of video production can seamlessly make use of stock footages.
- Stock footages or clips allow filmmakers to access historical materials which cannot be duplicated in the present day. The listings in such cases include war footages, presidential speeches or some rare news stories covering major historical events.
Such real footages add value and reliability to any given video.
Thus, filmmakers can simply select clips of their choice and add them to their cart from the media sites that offer these royalty free clippings. Moreover, they can be used as per the requirement in a cost effective manner to create a beautiful piece.