A car is one of the most prized possessions that an individual can expect to have. If you have been able to fulfil your long cherished dream of owning a car, it is necessary that you take good care of it. Gone are the days when looking after the cars would just mean cleaning them at frequent intervals or getting the basic checks done by the professionals in the field. The modern cars come with really complex design and mechanism and it is certainly not without reason that these automobiles offer you with the maximum comfort, speed and feel.
In order to make the most out of your investment on the car and most essentially, to ensure that it serves you for a long time to come, you need to maintain the car. Now, while obtaining the maintenance services of cars in Essex, made available by some of the most recognized service- providers, is indispensible, one must also stay aware of some basic tips on car servicing and maintenance.
Do You Know Your Car?
You might well spend some money and possess a car but being in love with the vehicle is an altogether different story. Whether or not, you have had a car earlier or you are quite an expert on the subject, you must understand your car and for this, there is no better guide than the car manual itself. The manual offers enough information about the apparently simple but important things like the tyre pressure, the changing of the light globe or the oil type.
Essential Monthly and Weekly Checks
While there is no denying the point that the professionals treat your car in the desired manner, there are few do-it-yourself checks that you need to carry out yourself and here is an overview of the same:
- The oil level, which should ideally be between the two marks that appear towards the end of the stick, should be kept track of. Simply pull out the dipstick, wipe it with a paper towel and push it in and out twice.
- Along with the oil level, keep an eye on the transmission fluid too and see if it’s clear. However, it has to be noted that the automatic vehicles do not make use of this fluid.
- The brake fluid must be above the lowest level. The fluid is usually contained in a tube with an easily removable top.
- The radiator coolant must be red or green and it should be close enough to the top. The coolant should not be opened if the engine is hot.
- Bow down and look under the car for at least once a month. This is essential as, you might see some wet drips, indicative of an impending oil leak.
While the above-mentioned parts can be checked on a monthly basis, there are few necessary weekly checks too. For instance, check the tyre pressure after every refuelling of the car, wash the windows both in and out and keep the interiors of the vehicle absolutely clean.
Many might not be aware but it is a fact that the lesser the number of undesired objects inside the car, the better will be the fuel economy.
Do Not Forget to Take Your Car to the Service Station
Along with all the do-it-yourself checks, make sure getting your car serviced at regular intervals. Choose a reputed maintenance service- provider and most essentially, one that deals in the particular brand of car that you possess.
The basic maintenance of your car actually saves you a lot of undesirable investments in the long run. Start loving your car now to allow it love you back and fulfil all your demands and expectations from the vehicle.
Author- Bio– Peter Smith, associated with a company offering maintenance services of cars in Essex, shares useful information and provides essential tips on taking care of your cars to ensure that they serve you for a longer period of time.