How Much Damage Done To A Car Warrants A Lawyer?

You may have a lot of questions about your legal options if your car is damaged. Fortunately, this guide will answer them. Whether you have a large dent in the side of your vehicle or extensive scratches on the front bumper, this post will help you know what to do next.

How much damage warrants a lawyer?

The decision to file a claim can be difficult. If you have any doubt about whether or not you should hire a lawyer, the following criteria can help you make your decision:

  • Your car was vandalized
  • Insurance money denied
  • You received injuries from an accident with another party who had insurance
  • You were injured by a drunk driver and everything wasn’t covered by insurance
  • The other party does not have insurance at all

Do I need an attorney if my car is vandalized?

Vandalism to your car can include many different things such as spray paint, broken window as well as popped tires. If your car is vandalized, for example, you typically need an attorney to get the compensation needed for repairing your vehicle. Many people think they can handle the situation alone and don’t hire a lawyer until it is too late. You should get in touch with a lawyer as soon as possible because there are strict timelines that must be met in order to file a claim and receive compensation. They can also typically assist you with communicating with the police for the needed evidence and details you need to make the case. The sooner you speak with an attorney, the better chance there is for success. 

Do I need an attorney if I’m in a simple fender bender?

When it comes to hiring an attorney, it may be more clear when considering a totaled car in a major accident. However, should you hire an attorney if the matter is related to a small fender bender? Depending on what caused the fender bender, such as a hit and run, working with a lawyer can help you with the support you need. However, attorneys typically have a minimal compensation model. This means that even though you would benefit from an attorney, the attorney may not agree to work with you if the damage is only a couple of hundred dollars.

What are my legal options if insurance denies my claim?

Insurance can choose to deny your claim for many reasons but it is typically surrounding the circumstances that the damage of your car has occurred. For example, some insurance requires the driver to be on the insurance and any damage done while someone else is driving doesn’t get covered. If your insurance company is denying your claim or you think they may deny your claim, it’s likely a good idea to contact an attorney. For example, if the other driver does not have any liability coverage at all, then the only legal option would be to find a lawyer. If you are hit by another driver and everything isn’t covered by insurance, then it may be worth looking into hiring a lawyer to represent you in court.

Do I need an attorney if the other party doesn’t have insurance at all?

In many states, if you are injured by someone who does not have insurance, the medical bills may be covered by your own insurance but damages to your car may not be covered. This is a tricky situation and one that you should always navigate with the help of a lawyer. The lawyer will research if the person who caused the damage has any assets or money to pay for your expenses. If they do, then the lawyer will work out an agreement in which they would repay you in installments over time in exchange for dropping legal proceedings. If they have no assets or income, then most insurance companies will require you to sue the person in order to get compensation for your damages before they will agree to pay for any expenses. Even if the person is your neighbor and you don’t want to cause them grief, your insurance company likely has a contract in place that requires suing if an uninsured person is involved in the situation. Lawyers will help you navigate this process and help you jump through any necessary hoops. In some cases, you may also be required to file suit against family members so long as they are legally responsible for their bills. This is typically only needed if the responsible person is underage or is dependent on other family members.

If your car is damaged, you need to know your legal options

There are many legal options when it comes to car damage. Depending on the damage and the situation, you will have different courses to take to get the compensation and repairs that you require. Contacting a company such as the Radmore Law Firm can help significantly when it comes to navigating auto accidents. No matter the situation such as the example where the other party doesn’t have insurance and you can’t afford to pay for your own repairs, you may need to go to court and file a lawsuit against the other driver to recover your losses. If your car was vandalized, you may want to contact the police and let them know what happened. A police report will help you collect evidence and prove your case in court. With a lawyer’s help, you can protect your rights and get what you’re owed.

Worthy to Share
Reset Password